The best acne treatments will take into account many factors regarding the state of your skin. Treatments may differ in response to the type of acne that you have, the condition of your skin at the time – if it’s dry/dehydrated or oily, and/or if you have dark spots to lift. The reasons for acne treatments are as follows:
- Your Acne Specialist needs to monitor your progress and make changes to your home-care as needed.
- The need to exfoliate your skin so that home-care products can penetrate the pore more easily.
- To lighten dark spots (if you have them) that are caused by acne lesions.
- To hydrate the skin, if necessary, so that the skin is receptive to your home-care regimen. (Your home-care can dry out the skin somewhat as you are getting used to them.)
- To extract existing acne impactions.
- For killing acne bacteria inside the pore.
Each treatment should have a specific focus for what the skin needs at the time of treatment. Sometimes the skin will need more hydration, other times it will need more anti-bacterial action or exfoliation. A trained Acne Specialist will be able to ascertain what is needed for your skin at the time of treatment.
Face Reality Acne Clinic will assess your skin at the beginning of every treatment to ascertain what treatment will be best for your skin at the time of treatment to help you to get rid of your acne as quickly as possible.
For more information about what treatment is best for you, go to Why Do I Need Acne Treatments?